Who doesn’t love french fries?! Thanks to the air fryer they’re back in the game for us Weight Watchers! Back when I was in college I was determined to figure out the BEST way to make fries at home. So I did some research and discovered the key is soaking the fries in cold salted water. It draws out the starch from the potatoes, making the outsides crispy and the insides soft- just like deep fried french fries! Don’t worry for those of you without an air fryer I’ve included baking instructions as well.
Air Fryer French Fries
Serves 2, 5 smartpoints per serving
2 medium russet potatoes, cut into a french fry shape (I use my chopper)
1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1. Fill a large bowl with cold water, mix in 1 tsp of salt then add potatoes. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes preferably in the fridge. Drain water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 2. Spray air fryer basket with spray oil, add potatoes, spray again with spray oil, add a dash of salt. Air fry at 360 degrees for 12-15 minutes, shaking occasionally. Season with more salt if desired.
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with spray oil.
- 2. Fill a large bowl with cold water, mix in 1 tsp of salt then add potatoes. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes preferably in the fridge. Drain water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 3. Place potatoes on cookie sheet, spray with spray oil, season with salt, and bake for 45 minutes, flipping half way.